View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Getting out of hobby - Tank inhabitants need a new home

I'm planning on breaking down my 100 gallon reef tank and moving it out of the house in the next week or two. I'm not looking to sell any of the hardware individually. However, I will sell the hardware/system as a complete setup though if someone's interested but otherwise I'll put it into storage and use it later.

At the moment, I need to do something with the livestock.

As far as fish & invertebrates, I only have two fish - Flame Angel and Pink Skunk Clown (both are healthy and have been in the tank for over two years now), one Coral Banded Shrimp, a few Astrea snails and a few small hermit crabs.

All the corals are soft or stony, no SPS. There's a few pics further down of some of the inhabitants.

There's 60 lbs of Gulf View Aqua-cultured rock in the tank that needs to go.

I'd like to get everything out in one instance as opposed to a coral here, fish there, etc... So I'm preferably looking for someone who can bring a few ice chests and take the fish, corals, inverts and rock all at once. But I'm flexible.

As far as price, if you can get everything at once I'd let it go for $100. If I can't find someone to take everything at once, I'll figure out pricing for separate items.

One other thing - local pickup only - I will not ship so please don't ask. I don't have the time or resources to ship.

Oh yeah.. almost forgot. I'm located in Cairo, GA 39828. My house is approximately 20 to 25 minutes north of Tallahassee.

Please PM me if interested.

To give you an idea of what's in the system, I've posted some pics below:

I have several of this type of ricordia. Some are attached to small live rock pieces and some are on the sand:

Flame Angel:

Coral Banded Shrimp:

Small frogspawn:

Several of these leathers - some small and large. All are frags from the same coral:

Pink Skunk - likes to host the leathers: