View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

the goby/shrimp pair is the candy stripped pistol shrimp with the nematodes.. I like the more delicate look of that species. Although I REALLY want one of those orange fire looking ones! I'm hoping that the way I set up my rocks will help keep the sand away from the LPS on the sandbed-I'm hoping that blocking off 1.5-1.8 feet of the tank and building a barrier-the 1.5 part a DSB, around 4 inches, the barrier being aroun 6 inches, and the other side a shallow sand bed. The barrier created using foam, epoxy, LR, and eggcrate. It'll also be part of the base for my rock pillar using LR and something for a pillar-either PVC or rods, maybe even zip-ties and eggcrate.

I had a green clown goby live through, well, believe it or not, but a mantis tank, then a dwarf lionfish tank, then my 55 reef tank, then the death of my tank last time I had one running. Long time ago, I liked the bugger. I'm up for different types of gobies, thats why I'm asking!

I was thinking of a hector's, but am afraid that it would dine upon the smaller shrimp-some of them don't reach a half inch at maturity, like the red lava shrimp, and the anemone shrimp.