View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stevedola
I think I saw your tank and stand on the glasscages truck this weekend. did you pickup in whiteplains? I was able to get my 90g starfire w/calfo overflow from GC with good results. I like the seems (very clean) and although I wanted an external and was turned down by tom I still am very happy with the tank. I too looked into getting a tech tank but decided that 300 extra was too much for black silicon and a eurobrace I wont even see (just me).

I do like your new plans for a 40" external OF and I think it fits your plans on most expensive 90g ever constructed ;-) . Im sure it will look nice and wish you GL on this very ambitious goal.
It most likely was me. I was horrified when I saw the tank. The tank would be perfect for a rookie just starting out. The tank is well built and is very clean and the glass is very clear (no green tint). It would make a solid softie tank. However, my flow setup would not work with this tank.

I haven't seen the tech tanks, but I think they use the same AGA overflow configuration. If so, the tech tank would not work for me either.

My philosophy is to get the best tank you can afford and get the tank to fit the space provided, not the other way around. The object is to make the tank fit in with the decor of the house while supplying eye candy for the advance reefer. A 90 gallon gives me enough space to do what I want, plus keeps the supporting equipment small. A smaller tank is also easier to maintain than a bigger tank. However, I do understand smaller tank's water quality can change very quickly. In some cases bigger is not always better.

The price of an expensive tank with all the features you want is well worth its weight in gold. This is the tank you will view everyday regardless of the livestock contained within the glass. Lets face it, reefing is very expensive, and luckily for the frugal reefer, there are many options now available, because competion is driving the cost down. Why skimp on the tank or settle for something you don't like? This was my first experience buying a tank online. My eyes got big for starphire glass, and forgot to ask for the minor details that would of made my tank special.

It maybe the most expensive 90 gallon, but its the tank I want