View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 10:25 AM
Just a member

This is pretty much the exact setup that I run, and there are a few points worth noting.

First of all, when running with a tank and having it integrated into your drinking water, you're going to get massive creep. I GUARANTEE this.

I have putzed w/ every kind of shutoff valve available. I have tried five different kinds attempting to get the tank to drain significantly before RO production starts. No matter what, the delta will drop enough to have the flow start after a couple of cups is dispensed.

So after going that route, I ended up going w/ a creep water dump strategy. I sort of stole the idea off Donw.

I have the pressure switch for my booster pump engage a TDR that controls a three way solenoid. The waste and product tee at the one output of it. The solenoid then dumps all the membrane output (permeate and brine) down the drain for the first minute or so. After that, it fills the tank again.

Prior to adding in the solenoid, water coming out of my tank was running at a TDS of about 25. Now it is 1. I'm running triple membranes and have about 250 coming in. I additionally run a permeate pump to counteract the tank pressure and I have my booster running at about 75psi.

Pete