View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 05:19 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by jennmac415
OK, Grim, I switched the ATI Aquablue and the GE 3000Ks around... I can't tell if I like it or not because, like I said yesterday, it seems that one of the 3000ks is bad... I thought it just might be where I had it at first because that reflector is a little loose, so I was going to tighten it today ... I went ahead and made the switch around and guess what... the GE 3000K still does not light like it should...so I isn't the fixture, but the bulb... which of course makes me very happy actually... BUT.. do you know if I can get any of these bulbs at say, Lowes or HD I know they carry that brand.. just don't know if they carry the T5...otherwise, I can get either Hagen brand or Coralife at one of our LFS... which brand would you do and which bulb? I don't really want to have to order anything right now and wait for it...I should have enough par from my other bulbs, right?
You should be fine on PAR. Hydroponics stores will likely have the 3000K lamps. Thats what they were developed for, growing plants. Lowes might have them I know nothing about hagen or coralife lamps