View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Well, I got some chaeto from "Zoa Keeper". It has so much cool stuff in it that I can hardly believe it! I took out almost all of my inorganic materials from the 3 chambers in the back. No more floss or sponges or ceramic rings or charcoal, etc. Now, in the first chamber I have my heater. In the bottom of the second there is some rubble rock and on top of that is the chaeto. In the 3rd is the pump and a small bag of Chemi-Pure. On the advice of many on here, I purchased and installed a Hydor Koralia Nano but I was unable to locate locally a Maxi-Jet 1200. I think for now I'll stick with what I've got and see if my first inhabitants like it or need more flow. I also got the rubble rock I mentioned and a cup of really lively sand from a highly recommended LFS. I guess the rock and sand I bought weren't what I was expecting and not what I thought I was buying. The new sand and rock had stuff crawling and living all over it, it was really cool to see, especially in my own tank. I also purchased "Kent Marine" part A & B Ion Buffer System liquid additive. Been using that in the evening when the lights are off. The coraline is still slow growing, but what looks like brown mucky stuff which I'm assuming is brown algae is everywhere. Not sure if I need the clean up crew yet or not. My levels are still not to zero and I'm closer to the beginning of the cycle than I originally thought. Anyone who has been keeping up with this thread has heard that I was having problems with the colors on my tests, so before I tell you what they were, take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. I will also be posting some updates of the now brownish rocks in the tank. Let me know what you think.