Thread: Sea Fans
View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

THis is what Im doing as of right now, I will be changing soon to a 24 hour drip set up. I just got the frig to keep the food cold for the drip system

I feed 2 or 3 times per day Shellfish diet. probably 40-50 ml total per day
I also feed everyday a home mix of blended oysters/mussels. blended for 5 minutes on high so its tiny tiny liquid matter. guessing less then 300 micron. I also added these items non ground up to the mix then froze it 1 bag 12 oz brine shrimp, 1 7 oz bag baby brine, 7oz of nutramar uva(which is prawn eggs) and 8 oz of P.E. Mysis shrimp. Mixed them all up and froze
Every other day I do 2 cubes of mysis shrimp when the sun corals are out and open.

The key to these creatures is flow and lots of it. The rumor I'm going off of is that a piece of mysis shrimp will travel 7 inches in one second. So thats what Im trying to duplicate in the tank. I would prefer to have a pulsing motion in the tank so the corals rock back and forth. SO Im planning on adding a few tunze 6200 pumps to the tank. The flow is coming from one direction though, another key factor IMO. No chaotic patterns, just nice laminar flow (pulsed)

I will be adding a few larger tangs to the tank soon so I will be feeding nori sheets which I belive will be a bonus for the corals too. good old green fish poop

Trying to think of anything I missed?
ask on I guess
Erik