View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 02:58 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by lark
My Icecap 660 pooped out yesterday and I think I may use it as an excuse for an upgrade. I have an MH on there now for emergency backup, but I like all flourescent.

I think I'm going to go with 4x54 tek retros, and then use my icecap to drive 2 vho actinics (or, if there isn't enough room in my canopy, I'd probably use the 660 to drive 2 more t5s).

So, here's the question. It will probably take me about a month to get the icecap fixed. Anyone want to give me a recommendation for the 4 bulbs I should run in the teks until I get my VHO back? Obviously, not anxious to buy too many bulbs.

I plan to order from reefgeek later today, and they are out of blueplus, so any recommendation that doesn't involve blueplus would be great.

I guess the question is what can I run in a 4x54 set up that will be ok for a month, and then allow me to add actinic later or allow not too much light swapping later? If this just won't work, anyone want to recommend a good 4-bulb t5 set up that I can use until I get 6 bulbs going? (Again, without blueplus.)

I only have softies and 2 LPS that are not particularly light picky. Don't plan on SPS at any point. Thanks.
Actinic Plus
ATI Aquablue
UVL Aquasun
ATI Aquablue

Should be about what your looking for.