View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone! It is a blue/green tort distributed from a wholesaler local to my area.......I've seen them at the wholesaler and they look way more like the old picture. The wholesaler is A&M Aquatics (some stuff on LA's aquacultured page). I think I'm going to leave things the way they are since my overall tank appearance is better......my turquoise stag looks fantastic, my acropora granulosa went from whitish green to red with bright green polyps, the valida seen in both pictures has really lightened in color (less brown). Overall I am happy with how the corals look but found it amazing that this happened in one month. I still have excess nutrients apparently, stupid cyano will not go away. My zoa's are still spreading slowly, but interestingly enough my Xenia which was given to me from a friend has not spread and does not grow all that fast, in her tank it's a weed that has taken over everything. My mushrooms are shrinking and dying off but other than that everything looks really good. So I have signs of excess nutrients and signs of low nutrients, I'm not sure what the deal is? Maybe I just have cyano that has learned to adjust to a lower nutrient tank? Either that or it is sucking up nutrients allowing my corals to change color. Really, I have no clue . Thanks again everyone.