View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Not something you see everyday...

I'm still in an ethical wrestling match for even having purchased this, but my pretzel logic to support my decision is that it is better for me to have one then someone who might release it in the Caribbean inadvertently. Not solid logic, but it worked for me at the time...

I was in Gulfport for Christmas and had to visit the two stores down there (one in Gulfport, one in Biloxi). I started in Biloxi (furthest out). They were pretty well picked over. Then I looked down at a lower tank and kinda shivered from what I saw. I looked at it for a few minutes and knew it was a crown of thorns star, but couldn't believe I was seeing one for sale (or in person for that matter). I decided to grab one... The store owner said his hand went numb when he handled the starfish, so I decided not to try that experience. It was looking pretty bad for a while, but has come around and is munching on some excess monti cap. I hope it likes it, because I don't have any other sps that grow that fast... May be looking for some AEFW acros soon. So far, it's only eaten small bits at a time. I think it will turn on softies and anemones if the conditions are right (plenty of tulips to go around).