View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Kyd-
You need to relax a bit and perhaps get your facts straight before you start throwing stones around the board.
#1- They are Naso's corals and his prices are very reasonable for the pieces he is giving. They are also his and he is welcome to do with them what he wants. People who put corals up for "too much" don't sell them. Think about it, what makes one coral worth $5 and another worth $100? We decide by buying or not buying it. I don't like Duncans but lots of people do, thus they are worth lots. You don't like the price, don't buy.
#2- Mike works at PC, I'm guessing he has a pretty good idea about mark-ups.
#3- The air freight that most pet stores use to get their stuff is usually around $150 per shipment. Most airlines make you pay for the first 100lbs regardless and then add on from there. So, for bigger orders it can easily climb over $150.
#4- Having worked at a shop and been in the hobby for ~20yrs, I have never seen acro frags go for $1 or $1 rics, wholesale or not, but that is really not important.
The main message is that the club, and the board, are for sharing information to promote the hobby and offer a venue for people to trade and sell their extra dry goods, corals, fish etc... that they have. It is not a place for bashing. Thanks.
Jon