View Single Post
Old 01/04/2008, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the links to the cowfish information. Seeing as I want to keep corals I am going to need to rethink what I would like to have as a showpiece fish.

I noticed the next ELPMAS meeting is on the 20th. Does the location change each time and how often do you all meet? Any dues or other requirements?

Sam, as to the impending algae bloom, what do you suggest would be an appropriate time to run my lights while it cycles? Should I just shut them off, and then turn them on when? and for how long? As to a water change, half of what I have read recommends one before the algae bloom and the other half say to ride it out. Any suggestions from experience? Also, once the algae bloom hits should I constantly scrape and clean the glass or ride it out and wait until it is over?

As to fish pairs, it looks like love in the fish world is just as complicated as ours. I will keep an eye out for romantic pairs when shopping. Otherwise it seems like I will need to keep an eye out when they are on their first dates.