View Single Post
Old 01/03/2008, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Talking Thanks for all the valuable information!

Can I use and would you suggest using one of my back chambers as a refugium? And if so, where and how much chaeto would you suggest? Right now I have a black sponge taking up the whole first chamber, a bag of ceramic rings on the bottom, a bag of activated carbon in the middle and another black sponge on the top of the middle chamber and nothing but the pump in the last one.

Also, I am going to get some filter floss, where do you all suggest to put it? I've read that it should be the first thing the water filters through when entering the back of the tank.

Also, I checked my water again today. The API test kit I got checks for:
High Range PH
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

Is this complete or will I also need to check for other things when I begin adding livestock? "snommisbor" has suggested to get an additional test to check the Kh. What is that? When is it necessary to check it?

Also, some of the colors of the water being tested in the test tubes are not like any color on the card to compare it to. I'm not sure how to address that. Anyone else have that problem?

As far as adding shelves for more coral, I think i'm going add just a few and then maybe something down in the sand like a clam. Not trying to have a really high bioload. But thanks for the suggestion.

I do plan on getting the MaxiJet 1200 and the Koralia Nano Powerhead as suggested previously.

Should I wait until all my tests are at zero before adding the clean up crew?

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions!