Thread: Thanks KirstenK
View Single Post
Old 01/02/2008, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Location: O'ahu Hawai'i (Originally from Sierra Vista..and Iowa)
Quote:
Originally posted by aztbs
Wow - I was about to be amazed that I was gone for a week and there was a three page thank you thread for all of kirsten's efforts........ and then I read it!!

Kirsten's tank was an inspiration to me from the beginning and she was one of the first people to make me feel welcome back at Round Table pizza. I won't forget how nervous I felt the first time I walked in to a restaurant with a cooler to trade mushrooms with strangers. Thank you kindly for all of your efforts, Kirsten.
I was about to say the same thing. That first day I drove 2 1/2 hours to my first meeting (from Sierra Vista); Kirsten was the first one to come up and introduced herself to the "new guy". She must have made a good impression as I did that 2 1/2 hour drive about 15 times in two years.

I am only going to say one thing about the thread and it has already been said but I will say it anyway. A formal club will not work, it has not in Tucson and in my opinion will not work for FRAG. Just keep what is obviously working the same and just all agree to disagree, then get in your cars and drive 40 mins across town to the meeting!

Ed