View Single Post
Old 01/02/2008, 07:17 PM
m0delgator

There are no extra fees for that stuff. If anything, the fees are less.

When I had my Windows smartphone, I had a small voice package and unlimited data. This was a standard AT&T voice package with their standard unlimited data service added on. My monthly bills were about $116.

The iPhone is sold on unique data plans, it doesn't follow the standard AT&T data rates. ALL of the available packages contain unlimited data, the only differences are the number of text messages included. So no matter what plan you get with your iPhone, you always get unlimited data, which includes all data apps on the phone - weather, maps (with live traffic updates!!!), iTunes store, email, Safari (a REAL web browser, not the ******* worthless mobile browser built into most other smartphone platforms), etc. etc.

I have the cheapest plan, which contains the same voice package I had with the Windows phone, plus unlimited data. My monthly bills are averaging $72.

So, for the exact same services, the iPhone is costing me $40 less per month. (I guess I should say "costing my employer" since they're the ones footing the bill.)

Besides getting a bigger data plan (i.e. more included txting) the only available extra I'm aware of with the iPhone is the visual voicemail feature, which I don't really see the point of. The standard voicemail is soooooooo much better than any other phone I've used that it's definitely good enough.