Thread: please help me
View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Jshaw, do you have access to a few basic power tools, if so check out the diy section reef central. There are several ways to cut costs. I would definitely agree with adding a sump/fuge. Can you convert your wet/dry into one? You can use a couple of old lights you might have for fresh water to light the fuge. For now if you cant afford a euoreef (highly unlikely on a student budget), keep the seaclone and adjust it to keep the skimmate as dry as possible. Try adding an aquatic micro ball valve between the air intake and venturi of your skimmer to help give you more control. Definitely get your nitrates down, WAY DOWN. What kind of draggonet do you have? If its a manderine or a psychadelic hopefully you have enough pods to feed it. This is where a fuge with chaeto would be a big help espessially in phospate and nitrate removal. How's the flow. Your goal should be 20x the tank volume for LPS. Your lights should be good for these. Keep your zoas high in the water colum. I would agree with changing them to 50/50s though. Keep up with the water changes. If your not using an ro/di filter at the very least use a tap water filter that you can get as your lfs. These are carbon/di filters which would be affordable but might not last to long. In the long run you would be better served investing in a ro/di filter. Hope this helps.