View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 06:15 PM
RC Sponsor

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
On the Big Frag tank I run 2X 250watt 20K Radium MH with cool touch ballasts and 4X 110watt VHOs ... the tank is 13" deep and the lights are about 6" above that...

Over the Main Show tank I run 4X 400watt 20K MH Radiums over driven to 430watts on Sunlight Supplys Blue Wave Ballasts all with Lumenarc reflectors also for actinics 1X 160 watt VHO and 8X 54watt T5s

The Whimples (Henecious Butterflys) actually worked out so much better than I had tought that they would They do not allow me to keep any coco worms or Feather dusters but otherwise they do not bother anything HOWEVER my Copperband Butterfly ate about $600 worth of Hermits and Snails over the past 3 mo. He also picks at and harasses all of my stars... He is a true snail assasin I just love him so much though LOL so for now he stays...

Both butterfly species totally ignore my corals though and really that is all that I am worried about.

Hair algea problem is all better now, I have not yet reconnected my dosing pumps and everything seems to be doing well... The only one I really worry about is my big clam I can only imagine he is ****ed at me for stopping the microvert doser? he gets lots of light but right now no supplements... I dont think that he can process the clyclopeeze??? He is really big? Maybe he can eat the cyclopeeze? he still has feces and good bright colors...