View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

Canopy

Alright, well I have already mentioned what I hate about canopies and that is trying to mount halide pendants without being blinded and having some light shining down in the tank when you are working with the canopy open.

So, I began trying to figure out how to mount my pendants so they would "rotate" and always be pointing down. This is the ONLY original idea I had related to the tank and I must admit I am pretty stoked by how it turned it. Now, don't get me wrong, it took MANY trips to various supply stores and several "redreaming" to get it right. But, once I got it built, it worked perfectly.

I ended up using (4) brackets for farm fencing, (4) carbine clips, a 6' piece of 3/4" square aluminum tubing, and (4) 7/16 cotter pins.

I painted the tubing with the black paint used for appliances. I drilled holes to hold (4) Current USA Lunar Lights (blue) but these will be replaced by the Neptune Lunar Simulator LED's when I can afford it.

Here are various pictures of how it turned out. I also got (2) gas springs off of Ebay to help hold the canopy open.

Canopy with fans mounted and brackets screwed down: