View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 07:54 PM
2007 Eastern Conf. Champs

Quote:
Originally posted by jerryz
Had to buy Red Sea because the local LFS was out of Oceanic the last time I was out of salt. It's been giving me fits in terms of maintaining Alk and Calc. Now I know why... The funny part is the local "experts" all swear by Red Sea and viewed my purchaseing of Oceanic as penny pinching

Keep in mind that as many people as there are in this hobby, you will find nearly as many opinions over what is the best way to do things, or in this case, what is the best salt. Go with whatever makes your animals the happiest. As sad as it may seem, I know of many LFS who swear by certain brands that they just happen to get a nice quarterly "rebate" from. Not saying that is the case in your LFS, but certainly makes you think. I remember last year visiting a prominent LFS in the Charlotte, NC area that swore by Kent Salt. In fact, it was the only salt offered in the store. yet, when the owner was giving me a tour of the back room, I saw piles of IO store use boxes. He was somewhat evasive when asked why he pushed one but used another.