View Single Post
Old 12/28/2007, 10:44 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by lowfi
Hey grim,

Awesome results, its funny how things play out...i guess the nova is a deal then! Well I am pretty sure my fixture will be on legs, so when you say PAR will be reduced, do you have any guesstimate on how much?? With the bulb setup that you have in your signature...how does that look?? Is it more bluish or is it on the daylight side of the spectrum? If you could post a pic on the thread that would be awesome. I went to ATI's site to read about their bulbs and they wrote that the blue bulbs/actinics really make the fluorescent corals pop, and tanks with little fluorescence should have few blue bulbs. Do you agree with this statement?? I noticed that you have a lot of blue bulbs so am wondering what your setup looks like. Sorry if that was all over the place.
Thanks,
Sean
I'll try to figure out the PAR drop tonight.

As far as the look it is a little bit of a purplish blue tint to it. Sort of like 14K halides with VHO actinics running if you have ever seen that.