View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

I recommend the book "Angelfish and Butterflies" by Scott W. Michael. Got mine used from Amazon.com under books section.
I love large angels and have a Majestic and a Scribbled in my 190 gallon. I just ordered a Regal to go in there too. The book mentioned talks about mixing large angels. You should not have a problem in a large tank like yours. It says to add the smaller and least aggressive types first, and the most aggressive last.

The queen is in the most aggressive/territorial groups so even though she is not the smallest I would put her in near the end. The least aggressive group that you have is the Chaetodontoplus according to the book. The Pomacanthus group which has the Emperor, Blueface and the Majestic etc. is a medium aggressive group. Ideally all the fish should go in at the same time for the least aggression, but because of the bioload issue of the new tank it may not be wise either. I would add them in a few at a time, and maybe put the Chaetodontoplus in first with the Blue face the least aggressive of his group that you are putting in, followed by the other other Pomacanthus put in a couple at a time
. Good luck, and make sure you have a big skimmer and a large UV with a slow flow rate to protect your beautiful expensive new fish from ich. Most of the large angels that I have had have not been too ich prone, and recovered from it, but you don't want to mess with it in a 500 gallon. Did you see all the beautiful large angels together in the tank of the month? Lesley