View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 05:54 AM
Team RC Member

coral beauty yes - lion no - puffer no......

The very minimum for the puffer OR the lion is a 4x2x2 tank, and even at that it would be much too small, but they would "subsist" in that......

To co-exist, you would need something like a 6x2x2 tank......

At some stage, the lion will get the coral beauty and the gobies.... they are dusk / dawn predators, and will catch them off gaurd either before the tank lights come on or shortly after...... and you'll never know it happened......

Trust me, you do not have the correct set up for these fish, and at this stage the only advice I would give you is to stop taking advice from whomever advised you to put these fish in a 75 gal tank..........

Your choices at this stage are easy really......
Either:
(1) Get rid of the puffer and lion, while you still can, before they get too big, or die.
(2) Get a bigger tank - and please note that even in a big tank, these guys might not get on for long - you could have problems with the puffer nipping the lions fins etc.
(3) Just hold fast, hope for teh best, and watch the inevitable happen............

Again, I appologise for being so blunt and negative........ I hate being a prophet of doom........

HTh

Matt

Matt