View Single Post
Old 12/26/2007, 02:48 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by Apercula
I have a 75g currently running 2x 175w 10k mh, and Id like to add a couple T-5s to supplement. Im in the process of building a canopy and my plan is to put the mh so that the moguls are at the ends with bulbs pointing toward each other, then add 2 36in t5 fixtures overlapping each other in the middle, with the t5s being more of an actinic color.

A quick Paint drawing of my plan:

My questions are, should I put the t5s toward the front of the tank or the halides?, rock stack is more back/middle, deepwater front. Should I use a daylight t5 or actinics? and is the overlapping of the t5 fixtures a good idea or should I center them, or if it will fit should I go with 48in t5s?

Intentions are to run t5s 12hrs per day and halides 8hrs with 2hrs morning and evening with t5s on and halides off, I also have 3 blue moonlight leds to run opposite time of daylight bulbs.
48" T5's are slightly less than 48" with the end caps installed. I think its 47 1/2 or so, The lamps themselves are only 44.5" long.
I would center the halides, run a 54 watt UVL Super Actinic in front of the halides and a 54 watt ATI blue Plus behind. If the SA isn't enought to wash any yellow from the halides out being in front just swap the positions with the blue plus. Generally its better to keep the actinic lamp in the front if you can.