View Single Post
Old 12/25/2007, 02:35 AM
Registered Member

I will list my experience with the LFS in Chicago metro area:

Coral Reef, Chicago IL- fairly priced fish, corals and dry goods. friendly staff. Ask for Jim (owner), Mitch (owner), Eric (fish room associate). I have bought stuff that was compatible with my fish and they have taken it back. they have sold stuff for my on consignment. Very flexible people. I most frequently visit this LFS.

Living Sea Aquarium, Park Ridge IL - Large and good selection of fish and corals. Owners and staff are bit of a snob. Products are ridicoulously expensive.

Ocean Design, Chicago IL - I have never bought anything there, however, I was impressed to see that they quarintine all the new fish in a seperate system for two weeks. The fish were very healthy looking. The price were above average but not like living sea. The staff was friendly as well.

Aquatica, Tinley Park IL - Aquatica has the best fish and the best price. They are one of the few that carry fish for large aquarium at a reasonable price. They specialize in large fish, sharks ( 3000 gallon show) and four big tanks of corals. I drive 40 miles to only buy fish from them. Ask for Rob (owner).

Old Orchard - Unfriendly staff, unfriendly owner & outrageous prices.