View Single Post
Old 12/23/2007, 04:17 PM
Moved On

it is my least favorite too!!! for now im satisfied. the fish will be able to swim the whole perimiter of the tank for a total of 14 feet of unobstructed swimming room, and there is also the canyon down the middle which gives them like 5 more feet. As for the stock list there was a separate thread for that but since the tank ended up being 80 gallons less than what we were expecting that is going to change. as for fish we already have that will be eventually going in this system include

scribbled rabbitfish 4 inches
orange shoulder tang 2 inches
flame hawk
yellow belly hippo tang 3 inches
regular hippo tang 4 inches
two true percs and their bubble tip
two skunk clowns and their anemone
and thats it for fish we already have

i'd like to add some anthias havent decided on bartlets or dispars yet, and about 5 or so wrasses. along with a mated pair of bangaiis, a lieutenent tang, and possibly and achilles depending on if the LFS gets any more in. i'd like to add all the tangs smaller 3 inches or so other than the achillies i'd like to get about 5 inches. that way they all grow up together and hopefully there wont be much agression towards the achilles. we would also like to add a magnificent. we'll see how that goes though. its going to take a while to get this tank to where i'd like it, and patience is hard! lol
most of the rock was uncured, but it was very clean with no decaying matter on it. we also have about 50 lbs of fully cultured live rock and about 50 lbs of fully cultured sand in the refugium. we are going to be doing a bare bottom tank b/c it is acrylic and i dont want to take the chance of scratching the acrylic with a sand particle.