Thread: AGA 210 Setup
View Single Post
Old 12/22/2007, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gabe3d
I previously had T5s on my old tank and the color and growth were fantastic. After trying practically all the bulbs on the market for 250SE, I don't think i will be able to get the color I am striving for. It'll be hard for me to give you guys good feedback since they will be only setup for a few days, when i feel that the corals have adjusted to the new type of lighting and intensity I'll give you guys some better feedback. Hopefully at that time my corals won't be all dead or bleached.
hello
have been following your thread - your set up is very nice!

we are considering upgrade to 210
from our 125 (we priced the all glass tank yesterday - 875)... so you are giving me some great ideas and really enjoy seeing the pics of your system and the behind the scenes set up as well plumbing etc.

also considering switching over from LPS to SPS
and in process of trying to figure out the lighting will need... was leaning towards halides under the assumption that they would provide the best lite for these corals... planning on supplementing w/ vho that i currently use (x6 5 ft vho bulbs on the 125)...

seeing you switch out your halides makes me question purchasing them and wondering more about your reasons for doing so.

i know a lot of people talk about heat and power consumption using halides - were these factors in your decision to switch these out?... or do you just feel that you might get better color using the others?

also do you know the overall power consumption of your system?

thanks and regards

Last edited by WarrenAmy&Maddy; 12/22/2007 at 11:47 AM.