View Single Post
Old 12/19/2007, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Oh, and as far as regretting cutting out the felt -- I wouldn't worry. Your flow is so slow that any particulates should settle instead of being forced up through the media. And, you still have the foam rubber 'donut' that fit inside the cap (right?) to catch any particles.

Quote:
Originally posted by bgcook
got an email from filter guys the flow through the unit is bottom to top as you described it on your last post.

my unit is doing ok. i am out of town this week so my wife is taking care of the take. when i left the nitrates out of the unit had climbed to over 100. i slowed the drip to 30/min. my tank nitrates are at about 20. this will hopefully do the trick. i pm'ed randly holmes and he stated that the very high nitrates out of the effluent may be related to the test kit detecting nitrite as well (even worse). my wife reports the tank is doing well and all inhabitants are good. i will retest the tank friday night, at that time it will be about two weeks running.

i hope i don't regret taking that felt off. my thought was that since water was flowing up it would be less likely to get clogged.

additionally, the only thing i have noticed is that my water has a very slight cloudingness to it. i think it may be the argonite as i didn't rinse it since it appeared to be moist.

any thoughts??