View Single Post
Old 12/19/2007, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

That's a great hitchhiker. I wish I got some of those....

What type of light are they under and what depth? Do you feed them? Have you cut any?

My neighbor doesn't do water changes. Maybe like once every couple months and his tank is a reef w/ aggressive fish like he has a grouper and some triggers and damsels so the mushrooms get whatever food is leftover floating in the water and they are under low light. I think they are t-5's w/o slr's and the fixtures are made by odyssesa (sp?). So the lighting isn't so great but the mushrooms are doing great. Curious to see what your setup is.

The green hairy I took from my neighbor a couple days ago is about half attached to a rock I put it on that I had wrapped with some orange meshlike stuff that you get when you buy clementines, or I guess other produce. I took it off yesterday to see how well it attached but only half of it attached. It's kinda annoying to see half of it on and half coming off so I put it in low flow but theside not attached wouldn't stay down so I took a plastic twist tie and tied it around onto the rock to keep that side on the rock (I made sure it wasn't too tight). I'm tempted to just cut the half that is not attached off and let it heal.... I might do that later today.