View Single Post
Old 12/18/2007, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Ok, I did some debugging tonight, and found that it was indeed the DI canisters.

I'm sure there are several slightly different types. I got mine from 'the filterguys'. They have some white foam pieces near the top of the canister (where the water enters) and also a white foam 'donut' that fits around the screw on cap at the bottom.

These foam pieces weren't the problem. The problem was the screw-on cap on the bottom of the DI canister. It had triangular holes around the perimeter for the water to exit through. On the inside of the cap there is what appears to be a felt strip glued on which covers the triangular holes.

This felt clogged up really badly on the sulfur canister. The A.R.M. canister and carbon canister were OK. I'm guessing that the nitrate-eating bacteria clogged up the felt on the sulfer canister.

I removed the felt from the refillable canister caps on all three canisters just to be safe. I now have good flow through the sulfer denitrator.

Hopefully, the more pourous white foam pieces won't also clog eventually...

This seemed like a really good idea, but so far it's reminding me of all the trouble I had keeping a constant flow through my calcium reactor (back when I briefly ran one).