View Single Post
Old 12/15/2007, 10:12 PM
King of the Apes

Quote:
Originally posted by asmodeus
...I run ozone about 100Mg from 5am til 11am on a timer. the tank is a 120 gal with a 75 gal sump about 1/2 full about 150 lbs of assorted rock. i have red turf aglae looks like spider webs all over the rocks ,but i hdo have lots of purple coraline. I dose 1 tsp of pickling lime for 2 gal of RO/DI water. the skimmer is a ATI BM250. I do have some green turf aglae in the tank pices here and there. how much Phosban should use on the start up with the Tlf reactor. here is a picture of some of the turf and what I ahve in my tank...
I dont think youll ever be rid of the red turf. I have it as well. It will continue to grow in low nutrient / high flow / high light circumstances. Your best bet is to get something that will just keep it short.

I run GFO in my BB and the red turf and bubble dont care at all. They are very effective at sucking up P. I think this is one of the reasons people work on being sure some of that stuff is just never introduced into their rocks, or cook them for such long periods. I never cooked mine, but to be honest with you, dont care. It's a bit of turf here and there that's ridiculous flat to the rock, so it doesnt bug me.

I've seen more algae on any given reef that I have dived on than what's in my tank.