View Single Post
Old 12/15/2007, 06:39 PM
Team RC Member

Jonathan - If I would have seen RoBolton's meter I would have gotten it, but I'm quite happy with mine. It's super easy to use.

Marc - Mine was $250 and RoBolton's is $320. It might be worth searching on ebay for a deal but this brand does have a very good reputation at this price level.

bbehring - The strainer is working out perfectly well, thank you. It's large for a reason. The more surface area, the less pressure applied to each individual 'hole' in the strainer. The brittlestar I foolishly tried to "rescue" from the strainer was in no peril at all, and in fact I find it atop the strainer with great frequency. My little Swales basslett occasionally camps out near the strainer during feedings, awaiting small morsels of food to be brought toward the strainer for some stress-free dining as opposed to fighting the other fish in front of the wavebox. I don't foresee my strainer ever getting clogged, but if it gets dirty I can easily remove the rock sitting upon it for maintenance. Your use of 2 drains for redundancy is smart.