Quote:
Originally posted by usnao95
id like to know what kind of telescope you have, nice photo
Hi usnao95!

My scope is a Orion SkyQuest XT10" .

Quote:
Originally posted by conorwynne
Vitor,

With the cold weather, I imagine the fuge temp -- the air at least will be quite low (just above zero?) -- is it affecting the mangroves at all?

The roots will be safe of course, but I would watch the plants leaves don't drop off into the water.

Now I know sweet 'hmm hmm' about mangroves, but I imagine they would not be used to such temps coming from the tropics?

Monsieur Google says:
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/tiempo/...0/mangrove.htm

Quote: "Frost caused by low temperature damages the mangroves in the north of Vietnam, especially on days with a low tide. On January 17th and 18th in 1961, for example, it was recorded in Quang Ninh that a number of mangrove leaves became dry and died when the temperature fell to below 2°C."

If the leaves fall off, I would remove them quick sharp from the fuge.

My cooker in the garden shed is keeping the temp @ 26C -- but I check it every day -- Hmm, I wonder if its even necessary to maintain reef temps just for LR cooking? hmmm.
I shall ask Monsieur google...

regards
Conor.
Hi conorwynne!

My refuge is just like a green house, if you see in the pics you'll see the lid, and like in every green housethe air exchange is very importante, there for i have an air pump to allow gases exchanges.

At night i cover the tank and the refuge with roofmate, this way the temp losses are reduce to minimum, and the air temp is the same of the water.

I still have some condensation in the refuge, matter afect this situation is helping the mangroves new lifes not to get salt burn on the hedges.

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
I have a feeling because the water temperature going to the refugium is the same as the reef, the air in the refugium would be balmy as long as the lid is relatively tight. Like some Terrariums sweat internally due to outside temperature differentials.
Hi Melev!

As ususaly, that's all correct.

Quote:
Originally posted by FishyMel
Have you ever considered a coral cat shark or marble cat shark in it? The tank is pretty amazing
Hi FishyMel!

Sharks are not my thing, i think they should be left alone in they're natural habitat. Sharks are the "referees" of the game we call sea life balance.

Regards

Vitor Pestana