View Single Post
Old 12/14/2007, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Though I try not to draw a causal relationship (as it could have been the result of ANYTHING other than lighting), I did notice that when I replaced my T5HO lamps last year that I experienced quite a lot of Zoanthid die-off as well as a general slowdown of growth throughout the tank.

My roommate has speculated that the 4x54W setup that I had previously running all Geismann lights might have been just the right amount of light for my tank, as opposed to when I switched over to a GE/ATI/UVL setup.

Any possible truth to this? I currently run a Tek reflector setup with a GE Daylight 6500k, ATI 12,000K and Blue plus bulbs and a UVL pure actinic over a 55G tank.

I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong. I used to have a spectacular zoa garden, but now I've had to evacuate a lot of those zoas to my power compact lit nano-cube (and am seeing very good zoa growth again).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edit: I should actually note that after I became convinced that the lighting setup was too much, I shifted over a couple of bulbs and currently run just two bulbs (the Ge daylight and the Blue plus). But zoa growth is still next to zero.