View Single Post
Old 12/13/2007, 12:44 PM
Zoa Color Pirate

I dont think your going to see any drastic drop in prices any time soon. Rods clowns are cheaper in part due to the fact that he says 90% of his clowns will become onyx. ORA says only 1% or less come out picasso. Bonesreef said he's getting about 30% picasso's from his spawns.

So if you look at the numbers that way rod can sell all of his offspring at $50-75 (or lower for younger clowns) Lets just say he sells all 100 clowns at the $50 price. Thats $5k profit!

Lets say ORA has 100 clowns too, they can only sell 1 at picasso prices & the rest will be "regular" percs at around $25 retail. Thats $2.5K profit, half of rods.

So... whats my point? It will be a LONG time before enough picasso's are breeding true to catch up to the demand on these little fish, Rod has plenty of onyx popping out twice a month for everyone.

Plus on top of ALL of that, you've got the pattern issue with picasso's, certian ones are always going to draw more money due to the amazing pattern.

Ok... I'll stop rambling.