Thread: Tunze SUCK!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 10:21 AM
Respek!

Ewan,

Slightly off topic: How many times have you had to deal with warranty issues for a Tunze or Giesemann product? Without question Roger is great in the US but I've now had to deal with Phil at Xenia (Canadian, and in some cases US, distributor for several German products including Tunze, Giesemann, Deltec, PolypLab and Rowa) for Tunze problems and Giesemann problems and he is, without question, the least professional person I've ever had the displeasure of having to deal with. He has solely destroyed any confidence I have in imported German products because his customer service is so pathetic. And now that I've had my problems with him and researched his track record I've found this is fairly typical (according to numerous sources).

To be clear: Roger in the US is incredibly diligent in dealing with warranty issues with respect to Tunze products. But I want people in Canada to be aware that the same support is not available. I made the mistake of assuming that Roger's professionalism was typical of Tunze - it's not. It's Roger who is great.

And yes this is me venting to people who can't solve my problems I'm just really angry about repeatedly being lied to.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ewan
I've gotta say,

I thought it was common knowledge that Roger is the go-to guy for Tunze in the USA, and that his service is legendary.

I can't believe that you didn't know about the tunze forum, or to contact Roger. Then you've got the balls to post on a forum that is funded by sponsors (Tunze USA) with a title like this.

The thing that puzzles me is that any tiny amount of research at all would have lead you to Roger, or at least the Tunze forum. You don't need to drag their name through the mud in order to get service. It's part of the package, and that's why the price is where it is. They stand by their product 100%

The sad thing is, many people will read this thread because the title seems very odd. Not normally 2 words that you see together.

"mens sana in corpore sano"