View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Hey Rottbo,

No, it is not a load bearring wall as you noticed from the pics. Actually, the wall does not even tough the joists above.

As you do point out, I am very concerned about the rusting. Not so worried about the humidity as I am about salt in the humidity. I have a couple of dehumidifiers sitting here doing nothing. We used them all the time at our last house, but so far here, the humidity has never gotten out of the 40s (with AC or heat on). So I do have those if needed. I also have a vent in this room in a basement window that I can turn on to force air out of the room.

This room houses my furnice, hot water heater, water softener and well pump and tank. Oh, and let me not forget the fish tank.

My next problem is the plumbing lines. I started to glue all the fittings together last night and went to do a test run and check for leaks and when I plugged in my return pump it blew up. I could hear it snap even through the water.

So now I need a new return pump.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the size of pump I should use? It will also be used to flow the fuge and phosban canister.

Does anyone think I could really go overboard with a pump so that in the future I might use it to incorporate a closed loop system? If I had most of the water looped back into my midle part of my sump, would that work? Or would it just be too much?