View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 12:21 AM
Team RC Member

GSMguy - Yeah, it's hot all right. I'm really anxious to test out this PAR meter on some other tanks in the area, like my office tank for one, and some other local reefers with MH's. That'll be a good comparison of just how much light this Powermodule puts out. This thing is really bright!

hawaiianwargod - Thanks man, glad you like it. Now that I have a powder blue and a yellow tang, I guess my tank is part Hawaiian .

jnarowe - I agree, I think the aquascape lends itself nicely to a mixed reef. It's so nutrient poor, however, that I don't think I'll be able to keep many ricordea and the like. And with that much light in the 'shaded' areas, I might also struggle with dendros. I'm going to use the information I gleaned from the PAR readings to help monitor when I need to change my lamps, and of course where to place new corals. I can even measure PAR readings from parent colonies and try to duplicate their light exposure in my tank. Wow, this raises the geek meter to an entirely different level.

tanya72806 - I got it here.