View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 12:01 AM
Worker Drone

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrestoration
Does that mean you made your will known to the general membership so you (your club) wont be there. Or does it mean unless someone else (other members) work it your club won't be represented?

The longer this goes on the worse it looks. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

SteveU
I made my position clear on it, that's all.

I think "will" is a misrepresentation ("will" implies force, IMO). It was brought up for discussion with the membership, just as it should be. I only have a vote; whatever the membership wants is what will happen.

The club is a democracy, Steve. Whatever the votes support is what we'll do...

I actually thought this was a dead issue (meaning "picking scabs"). I was enjoying the peace and quiet...

Also, it's "my" club only in that I'm one of the founders, a member, and at this point I'm helping to run it. It is not something I "own"... I just want to be clear on that. Sometimes when I say "my" club people (incorrectly) assume that I think it's "mine"...

I'll also say how genuinely happy I am with the group of people that have been participating in steering committee meetings as well as the attendants (AND ATTENDANCE!) of the meetings. A lot of great people have stepped up, and it's really exciting and rewarding to see so many good people working so hard to make a difference. I'm thankful to be a part of it, frankly. I'm seeing 2008 as a fantastic year for the club. Among other things I'm hopeful that the club becomes a registered NPO in 2K8. I also expect the by-laws to be more clearly defined, as well.

All in all, LOTS Of good things are happening for the club right now... And I couldn't be happier with the way things are going.

Be an IT consultant!