View Single Post
Old 12/10/2007, 08:10 PM
Team RC Member

I know you're not kidding Marshal, but thanks for the gesture . Marshal is referring to a post I made on the ZEOvit forum regarding my new frags. I finally put some SPS in the tank 9 days ago, and some of them are losing their color despite good PE. At first I thought it was attributable to something I may have been doing wrong with the ZEOvit method, but I also suspected bleaching from excess light. Since I got this PAR meter I thought I'd take some objective measurements. Here they are, with the ATI Powermodule located 6" above the water line. It should be obvious but I'll just mention that larger size numbers are closer to the camera, and smaller size numbers are farther away. Oh, and these photos are old and don't show my new corals, although most of the PAR readings were taken at areas where I have new corals mounted. For instance, I have a frag of Paletta blue acropora that's located at the "580" marker, and this coral is now a light sky blue as opposed to the deep rich blue of its parent colony.

So what do you think, PAR masters out there? Those are some pretty steep numbers, eh?