View Single Post
Old 12/10/2007, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkss
Those last couple of pictures were taken w/ our old canon powershot camera (w/ builtin lens). I don't recall the model # but it is approx 3+ yrs old. A lot of the tank shots and what not were taken w/ a canon 30D w/ a 100mm fixed focal point lens. I forget the model # for that also, but it is a "fast" lens, helping us to avoid using the flash.
I was wrong about the lens we use on the 30D, it is a 50mm fixed lens.. sorry

No real pictures of the new fish. The 4 Dispars are out and about (and keeping together), but they have separated from the Bartlett herd for now. Hopefully they will reintegrate back into that school. I will say that the Dispars are beautiful fish, hopefully they will survive and prosper in our tank

Out of the 4 flame wrasses I have only seen 2, and only 1 at a time. I am pretty sure they were 2 different flames that I saw because of some size differences, but it could have been a trick of the tank's depth playing tricks on my eyes ? Of the 2 potters leopards I had only seen 1 on Saturday (the day after introduciton), and not again since. It swam right by the ornate and was more or less completely ignored (thankfully). I also realized that the ornate is a huge fish now. I will try to get a ruler to get a measurement. The realization hit me when I saw the ornate swimming alongside the rabbitfish and noticed that they were almsot the same length and about the same "thickness".

Once we get a few more of the new fish swimming around in the open I will be taking more picrtures

So far the tank's water has been pretty clear, clearer than it was for the last 6 months, so something in our filtration must be working right (can we say "Volcano Skimmer" ? ).

I received an Email from IceCap Service stating that the Vortec wet end parts were going our USPS today *Woohoo !*. But over the weekend one of our previously well behaved (read quiet) pumps started misbehaving. It is not rattling like something metal is loose. Once the parts get here and I fix up the other 2 I will focus back on the previousloy quiet 2 to see just how "queit" and well behaved they really are.