View Single Post
Old 12/09/2007, 07:02 AM
Underground Art Studio

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to have these fired and in the tank. I still have a few to make and I'd like for them to have a lot of movement. I'm hoping in doing so will give the tank depth. I'm also going to be putting thin panels on the wall. This will give me ledges to place corals and to cover the Tunze pumps.

Roger - on one side it's a little smooth but still full of all sorts of hidden creases. Inside is where all the action will take place. I haven't made these yet and I'll show you photos after I’ve made a few. The main thing is most of (if not all) of my filtering is going to take place outside the 280 main display. In my sump will be all my live rock - that really was the reason I made the baffles in my sump (when I tested with the skimmer on - no bubbles were seen in the main tank). I wanted to make sure no sand or larger particles were able to get to my pumps - with the live rock placed right before pumps. I have a 75g that is my RDSB, so I can put any amount of sand I like in the display - it's only for the care of the fish/corals I will be keeping (wrasses, other diggers). For more filtration I have a 40g grasses tank that will hold micro algae/mangroves etc. As you see, everything in the display is just for "display". You know I'll be coming up with other ways to have the filtering power of the clay - which BTW, will filter on their own depending on how high I fire them. So, as you see with a 90g sump with live rock, 75g RDSB, 40g grasses/microalgae etc and with one big power house of a skimmer – my display is just a display.

Last edited by ReefArtist; 12/09/2007 at 07:08 AM.