View Single Post
Old 12/09/2007, 12:38 AM
Enjoying Life

I had a Powder Brown Tang in a 50g and she was always really happy. The only reason I don't have her to this day, is because during the tank transfer (upgraded tanks) she had an extreme ich break-out nearly over night, and I tried, but there really wasn't anything I could do...

I have seen a few powder blues in 48" 120g, 90g, and 75g, and all are happy, healthy animals. So I really don't see the threat.

One, thing that I did notice was this.....
Quote:
Not to be the tang police.....in fact I hate the tang police.......but you will soon find out for yourslef that the PB is one of those tangs that the size of the fish doesnt matter...they really do need more room than 4 feet

my 225 seems too small for my 5" pbt on some days.
there is an 8" chevorn in the tank and he is fine, but the pb is quite a bit more space demanding
flyyyguy-That makes sense................"Not to be the tang police.....in fact I hate the tang police......." did you read this before you posted?

07kar93- I seem to remember, that about two weeks ago you made your first post in the nano-reefs forum asking about what nano setups were like, and really basic newbie questions, so I find it really interesting that you are giving information on a fish that IMHO, I don't think you have ever owned....

gary faulkner- from your profile, if you do infact have your PBT (at least if that is your fish as your avatar), in your 120, you have to realize the only difference between her tank and yours, is 6" in depth, and 6" in height. They both have about the same capacity for LR for the fish to hide and swim around in.

I think that everyone needs to be a little more understanding when making comments about someone's fish choices. I am sure that this is a fish that was well researched before it was bought, and it had a suitable home ready for it. Understandably, if this fish was to be given a home in a 55g or lower, it is clear why some would be upset, but I think most have to realize, that when someone buys a fish, they are not always impulse buys and have no idea why they are buying. And also, 9 times out of ten, you can ramble on about how a fish should not be put into a certain tank because it is cruel and inhumane, but most, will not consider taking it back or selling it, because they like their new $100 fish.

-Hope that wasn't too harsh, but you get the idea.......my $0.02