View Single Post
Old 12/08/2007, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

I KNEW IT! this is my post from 08/04/2005

"shaggydoo541, I'd like to add that I've been keeping zoas and palys since the start of my tank which is more than a couple of years ago, I have large colonies if zoas that seem to do extremely well and then over night, more than half shrink up and die, this process repeats itself and for the life of me I can't seem to find out whats causing this. some colonies seem to to fine 100% of the time but the others display the same symptoms. recently I've been looking for nudi's but what i saw really caused me concerns. copods eating my zoas. i've been watching them for a few nights now and they ARE eating my zoas. my zoas also show signs bite marks if you will. I know people have said they don't eat live and healty zoas but this happens over night that my zoas go from healty to barely alive. I recently bought a sixline wrasse to keep the copods in check but i fear he won't be able to keep up, also all the big copods seem to hide during the day and the sixline sleeps at night so I'm kinda at a loss. I need help also. "

BTW... I have a new colony that is being attacked.. I lost my sixline a few months ago and so I got a mandrine dragonet. Are these any good at keeping the pods population under control or should I consider another sixline?

Thanks in advance