View Single Post
Old 12/07/2007, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Photography is hard

I would just like to say that I am a dslr novice and I appreciate all the great advice that is given out on this forum from the expierienced photographers and reefers. I like to share things I have learned and only do so out of exicitement for the hobby. I have learned from getting my dslr that having taken photography in HS and having used cameras my whole life a photographer does not make. With a P&S camera you are generally lucky if you get the exact shot you were looking for and that limits your ability in the end. With a dslr's response and image quality you have no one or thing to blame if you miss a shot but yourself. Pushing the button on a dlsr is more like pulling the trigger on a gun then the button on a point and shoot. Once you get used to the camera or a gun you know exactly where it is going to fire and how fast you can go. Point and shoots not so much. I am very happy with my DSLR and it has taught me how much I don't know about photography and how much more fun and challenging it can be with a dslr. When I first got it all my pictures looked so much better then with my old camera that I thought "this is easy". Now after 5000 shots I have seen how much better you can get as you start to understand all that your camera can do, and how different lenses can make you even better.

With my aquarium I have learned that all you have to do is care and do your maintenace which isn't that bad and you can be successfull without spending thousands of dollars. And I have some awsome ideas for when I am able to spend a chunck of change on my upgrade thanks to the people of this site. If it wasn't for this site and the magazine I don't know where the hobby would be. Again thanks for the site and the advice and I hope to be a valuable member of the forum in the years to come.