View Single Post
Old 12/06/2007, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

61 degrees - Any chances?

Last night I came home from an overnight trip to find my fish room dark, cold, and quiet. A circuit breaker had tripped. My wife of course forgot to check on the system the previous night or through out the day.

I got everything back up and running. Checked the temperature and it was 61 degrees. I have three yellow tangs and a damsel (can't catch it out). They were sluggish, and one tang was lodged in the rockwork but gilling slowly. As the water slowly began to warm, the fish seemed to start acting normal.

I only have about 10 small SPS frags, but they all seemed ok. No bleaching. Two had polyp extension.

This morning. The fish seem to be behaving normally Temp is up around 81. SPS still looked good. No bleaching. Some polyp extension.

I really can't believe that they could survive 61 degrees. I hope they are not going to be all bleached when I get home from work.

Any chance that they will survive? Anyone else have SPS at this low a temperature and survive long-term? Any suggetions (besides running down the tripping problem)?

Thanks.