View Single Post
Old 12/06/2007, 12:07 PM
Moved On

I haven't had any issues with my Maristar for 2 years now and my Eheim return pump has a louder vibration hum than my Maristar fans. As for non-existant customer service, I originally purchase my Maristar from a company that no longer carry them as they went to the Asian lighting fixtures. But early this year, I purchase new skimmers from another vendor I found here on RC and they will bend over backwards to guide me to the right person to work with at SLS in case I ever have problems with my unit. Since it is out of warranty already, this means to get it repaired properly if anything happens to my Maristar. The reflectors that is used in the Maristar has an excellent spread and reflection of the light back into the tank.

I also have the Teklights on my smaller tank and it's not even the better limited edition model, it's the original Teklight. It may not be an ATi Powermodul, but then I don't need that for a mixed reef with nothing that demand intense lighting except couple of SPS. I don't need an acrylic shield, so the passive cooling on my Teklights give more par than I need for my setup. In fact, my mushrooms melted away and one of my LPS bleached out, but back to color after 5 months. So, the Teklights are pretty intense even though I took over 2 months to acclimate my tank to the new T5 lighting.

I know that SLS had a problem with just one employee, but it looks like he no longer around. I don't think this one bad employee is representative of SLS's philosophy.

Last edited by Reef Sponger; 12/06/2007 at 12:15 PM.