View Single Post
Old 12/05/2007, 09:36 AM
Team RC Member

When you say "personable" do you mean a fish that has the most personality - or do you mean the fish that interacts most with you (i.e. impressionable)

Of the various species I've owned, here goes:

Best character - orange spot goby. like a little person... built his own home (piled up sand and rubble to make a cave - king of like a beaver!). Kept his little home tidy - like certain tankmates, not others. not in the slightest bit bothered by people (hands etc.). Always out and about, sifting sand, going about his business in a meaningful way. Truly cool little fish, with TONNES of character.

Most interactive with people - gotta be my emporer angel. This is my second emporer, and teh previosu was the exact same. Truly recognises me as distinct from my wife. Also recognises what I am holding i.e. blue cup = food, net = maintenance, and reacts accordingly i.e. swims to the top, or dives for cover. He watches whats going on outside, and when strangers get too close he hides.... but he lets me stare with my face against the glass..... will follw me up and down the tank as I walk past..... then there is his "fishy"character - a very "purposeful" fish - not just mindless cruising.... everything he does apepars to have motive..... and there is the grunting etc. too.

And finally, very much to my surprise, the fish least bothered by me..... a copper band butterfly. Would literally swim into my hand for food - refused to get out of the way when doing maintence - he just used to hang around my hand like a dog hanging around a ***** in heat!

There was also a clarkii clown that thought a sacrophyton mushroom was an anemone......

Matt