View Single Post
Old 12/04/2007, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Cyclop-eeze and fine-polyped gorgonians:

You know, to be able to see, what going on in the tank, I did macro-shots with point and shoot camera, when corals were available for observations in small 6g Nano-cube.

From what I had seen, Cyclop eeze (I'm using the dried kind), is the too big (at least the adult big crustaceans) for any or the gorgonians above, except Diodogorgia. Youngster - may be for Swiftia, but not for a fine polyped ones.

I have no photos of fine polyped, catching food, but their mouthes are comparable (blue one) with scleronephthya, and significantly less (the fine red, possibly Elicella) then sclero.

See Diodogorgia and sclero baby, with dried Cyclop-eeze. Diodogorgia:

Sclero:

And eating ZoPlan (dried crustaceans, different sizes, much smaller, that Cyclop-Eeze, somewhere were mentioned 10-250 micron, but only once), and finest particles after washing frozen mysis, Diodogorgia:

So, the finer zooplankton has more chances to be useful: frozen, rotifers, cyclops, baby brine, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, Golden Pearls (small sizes), Oyster eggs, Fauna Marin specialized products.

Photography:

This photos are possible, if the coral is such close to the glass (green - coraline on the glass):

In-house photomodel shows the process:

I really would like to see your photos of feeding too! It's easy: close to the glass - point and shoot.

End of long narrative
Your turn