Thread: RCT Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 12/03/2007, 10:19 PM
angelfish nut!

Quote:
Originally posted by SIMPLEPLEASURES
Copps,

Do you know if Frank was able to breed reef safe lemon peels? I noticed on his web site that the lemon peel was a fish he worked with and heard that his tank raised fish were reef safe.

Thanks
Frank worked with lemonpeels experimentally in 2002... he only raised about a dozen or so... and I got one of them This is an older shot of him, but he is now orange... just beautiful... but someone needs to tell him he's captive bred because he still was picking on corals... lemonpeels are the worst... even if captive bred it seems...

Quote:
Originally posted by Chelsey
Specifically I'm looking into Respendent and Interruptus angels.
Wild interruptus can be had here in the states, but they just come in in bad shape compared to other wild Centropyge... smaller ones do better, but small interruptus are tough to find wild and your dealer will usually either need to have connections or have a past history ordering to get one... worth the money though. These also ideally need to be kept COOL... I keep mine at 77... As snorvich said phishybusiness gets them once in a while...

Wild resplendens?... they're not legally exported anymore, but once in a while a boat seems to pass by and get some that show up... I'd say wait for Frank on this one... He'll do these again...

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.