View Single Post
Old 12/01/2007, 10:56 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daveverdo
How is the RUGF implemented?

I have been reading through this and other posts regarding RUGF and still have some questions. I understand the concept but not the implementation. That is, how should someone set one up.

Do you use a section of the sump? A seperate tank? What size compared to the main tank?

I have been running marine tanks on and off for over thirty years. I had a UGF in my 30g for years. For a while in the early days instead of vacuuming the gravel I used to clean the dolomite substrate by taking out the fish setting up a canister filter and reversing the flow through the UGF. What a mess. I always pondered the idea of a permenent RUGF but have never actually read about anyone actually doing it.

I just moved and am setting up a new 90g with a sump in the basement. What would be a good plan of action if I wanted to try a RUGF? I am still in the planning stages so my design is a blank slate.

Teach me!

Dave
I might have missed something here--but I think the discussion was around setting up a fluidized sand bed filter as a reverse filter?
I am interested in the answer to this too